Food & Drink Recipes
Indian Broad Beans Stir-Fry / Goreng Kacang Sepat
4 cups of indian broad beans
2 tbsp coconut oil
½ tsp mustard seeds,
½ tsp cumin seeds
1 onion finely chopped
4 garlic cloves
½ inch ginger
2 piece dried chilis
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 egg (optional)
Salt to taste
Wash the broad beans thoroughly. Cut both the edges of the beans and remove the strings along the sides. Cut it into small pieces as shown in the picture below. I have chopped finely so that it cooks fast.
How to cook:
- In a pan add oil and heat to medium flame. Add mustards seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida (optional) and let it crackel. (you can add whole urad dal also)
- Then, add chopped onions followed by ginger garlic paste 1 tablespoon or crushed ginger garlic. Saute until the onion turns translucent.
- add dried chilis, and curry leaves.
- Now add turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
- You can add broad beans and saute for a few seconds. To cook the beans, add required amount of water.
- Cook until all the moisture is absorbed for about 5 minutes over medium heat. Add 1 egg (optional) and mix it well. Add salt to taste. Finaly, add some curry leaves again and turn off the heat. Serve hot with rice.